Atlantis Last of the Shuttles

I'm into space and the truth is out there. We can talk about it here. Hubble, shuttle stuff, UFO's, stellar stuff.

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, MysteryFCM, Owner

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Atlantis Last of the Shuttles

Postby JeanInMontana » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:34 pm

I am sad there won't be anymore shuttle launches, at least not in the near future. I grew up with the space program. I remember John Glenn's famous words from the live TV broadcast and exactly what was going on around me. We had a B&W TV, me and my Uncle Pudgy were watching. He and his family had come to visit it was late at night and oh so thrilling.

I remember the shuttle disasters too. I was at work when Columbia never made it to space. We had the radio on listening to the launch at Wade's Drive Inn in Harlowton, MT. Mary Beth Bennett was my waitress and I was the cook. We both cried.

NASA has a live streaming video now, and probably did for all of the shuttles. I didn't find out til last week. It's pretty cool to just listen to them up there and you can feel the emotions from the ground and the astronauts. Lots of insider joking and a tone of remorse and wanting this to be a perfect mission.

This is a cool shot of auroras from space Spaceweather :link: The NASA site has lots of interesting stuff and live video NASA :link:

I hope to see us in space again before I'm gone in body or mind so far I can't appreciate it. Or hey maybe 'they' will come to take me home.
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
ImageImageImage Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

Return to “Milky Way and More”