Spoofing SSL in Firefox 3

My browser of choice. Favorite extensions, how to's and help. News

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, MysteryFCM, Owner

rockingmtranch
I Have Powah
I Have Powah

Spoofing SSL in Firefox 3

Postby rockingmtranch » Tue May 20, 2008 10:17 am

May 20, 2008
Eddy Nigg

In just a few days the new Firefox 3 browser from the house of Mozilla will be released. Except of course if another re-build of the current release candidate has to be made, which would push the publishing of the newest browser to sometime in June. One such reason could be the ease somebody can spoof the secure mode indicator of secured sites, specially on the Linux platform.

I’m running dutifully the pre-release versions of Firefox 3 since the alpha releases and have seen the changes the browser has made during this time. A big surprise was however how something very significant changed suddenly after updating to the first release candidate. Before that, I had always the address bar colored in yellow when connected to a secure site. Needless to say that due to my job, that most sites I’m accessing are secured, being it internal administrative interfaces, our own public sites or that of our subscribers (which need some help here and there). I’m sure I’m not the only one who has his eyes trained to look for that indicator.

https://blog.startcom.org/?p=86
Linux. Don't fight it. You will be assimilated.
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd Armored Cavalry--Fort Polk, LA

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Re: Spoofing SSL in Firefox 3

Postby JeanInMontana » Tue May 20, 2008 11:58 am

Well .... sheesh ... so picky. :rotf:
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
ImageImageImage Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

JoeKerr
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Re: Spoofing SSL in Firefox 3

Postby JoeKerr » Tue May 20, 2008 6:34 pm

:agre:
Friendship Prayer: May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch. Amen

I was busy making plans when life got in the way - John Lennon

Return to “Firefox”