Photo finder / organizer?

Discuss software listed in Freeware Free For All. Tell us about software you have found.

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, MysteryFCM, Owner

grits
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Photo finder / organizer?

Postby grits » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:17 pm

I'm trying to clean up a very messy, unorganized, junk filled computer in hopes of gaining some speed. I have lots of unused space on my disk but this thing seems really slooow. :ahhh:
I have some pics in My Pictures but am quite sure that those same pics & probably more are scattered throughout my email (because it's a mess) & hard telling where else on my disk, & was wondering if Picassa would be the thing for me? I just need something to find them all, quicker than me having to sort thru every file on this machine, so I can get them all in one place to then delete all the duplicates.
Then when I'm done with pics I'll be asking for a suggestion for an "over-all duplicates finder" so I can go to work on My Favorites & everywhere else.
I know I should have my butt kicked for letting my computer get into this shape in the first place & I am :oops: .

Thank you.

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Re: Photo finder / organizer?

Postby JeanInMontana » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:55 pm

Picassa will make order of photos in you My Pictures folder. I don't think it will in email. If you want a picture in an email to remain permanent you need to save it to your hard drive. Then you can delete the email.

Have you done malware scans and made sure your not infected? Also a defragment after a disk check for errors is good and then a safe clean of the registry with something like EasyCleaner not the duplicate file finder
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
ImageImageImage Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

Return to “Freeware Discussion”