Single-click now opens Files

General system trouble. Software, hardware related. NOT for infection assistance.

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, MysteryFCM, Owner

Poopsi
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Single-click now opens Files

Postby Poopsi » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:11 pm

Today for the first time I noticed that when I single click a picture in My Pictures or a file in My Documents it opens up the file . I checked the setting under Folder Options and it it set for double-click to open and single-click to highlight. I wanted to copy some pictures to my External hard Drive but single-click now opens up those files. What can I do to correct this?

Poopsi
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Re: Single-click now opens Files

Postby Poopsi » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 am

I have more problems then just the single click. All my Folders, Pictures, Documents, Music, My Computer, my Control Panel have lost the Column on the left side. Everything in the Folder now is spread all across. Now I don't have the options to copy contains or rename anything. The only thing I have done is to install Microsofts Updates KB 952287, 951072, 952954, 950974, 946648, 951066, 953838 and 953839. I just don't understand what else could have gone wrong. Irene

Poopsi
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Postby Poopsi » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:37 am

Their seems to be more happening all the time now. I just noticed that when I go to Computer management and click on the little box left of Event viewer with the little x in it just flickers. I have to click on Event Viewer itself and then choose what I want. Could all that have been caused by Microsofts Updates and should I uninstall them and see if that corrects my problem? The flickering i also noticed in other programs even in my Firefox yesterday.

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:08 pm

OK Irene go back to your HJT thread and follow the initial instructions. Get that scan from Panda and post the log.
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
ImageImageImage Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

Poopsi
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Postby Poopsi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:06 am

I found the problem. For what ever reason, the Setting under Folder Options had changed itself from Show common task in Folders to use Windows Classic Folders and I missed it every time I looked into Folder Options. Once I changed the setting all three problems where gone. I don't know what would change that setting. Anyhow, Thank you Jean. Irene

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:37 pm

Malware often changes system settings. That's why I said go back to the HJT thread and follow all instructions.
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
ImageImageImage Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

Return to “Migraines & Melancholy”