'puter doctors

General system trouble. Software, hardware related. NOT for infection assistance.

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, MysteryFCM, Owner

grits
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

'puter doctors

Postby grits » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:50 pm

Granted, I don't know "piddley squat" about computers but why the hell do they take it upon themselves to either remove or add things, other than viruses / spyware, without consulting the machine owner? :bgmd: He removed several programs that now I have to go find & re-install, including SpywareBlaster, & I have no idea what else, I have a bad case of CRS ;) . Then he took it upon himself to download & install 11 Hotfixes AND Windows SP3 !!!!!!!! , which I've had plenty of opportunity to install but opted not to as of yet. Shouldn't he have asked me first??!!

I'd best shuddup for now or I'm gonna get into "censored" language.

Thanx for letting me vent.

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Re: 'puter doctors

Postby JeanInMontana » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:58 pm

Your inexperience is no excuse for someone taking it upon themselves to install or uninstall things. You have every right to be pissed off. Obviously this person doesn't know much or they would have left well known and trusted program SpywareBlaster in place. You can do a System Restore if he didn't wipe those out too and go back to where you were.

Is the machine running better? Why did you take it to a shop?
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
ImageImageImage Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

grits
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Postby grits » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:25 pm

Took to shop to have fans cleaned cuz I made things worse when I tried to do it myself last week. Was alerted to high temp. while on phone with a friend trying to help me resolve an issue with 2 big yellow ?'s in Device Manager. Have had a bad problem with my screen flickering & thought maybe the "unknown devices" played a role. Discovered this morning that evidently he took care of one of them but not the other. By the way, when I picked up machine yesterday, he said he didn't have any screen flicker at the shop.
Nope, not running any better, still slower than hell & flicker is ready to drive me nuts(er) ;) .
Wanted to get these issues out of the way before I go for the HJT.
Just had a thought.......think I'll run over and borrow a monitor from my brother, hook it up & see if it flickers too or if it's in my puter.

Be back later.

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:35 pm

Be sure to check all the cords too. Is the power causing it or a loose cable connection? All those things can do it.
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
ImageImageImage Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

Return to “Migraines & Melancholy”