New Computer -- Getting Off to a Good Start

General system trouble. Software, hardware related. NOT for infection assistance.

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, MysteryFCM, Owner

exile360
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Re: New Computer -- Getting Off to a Good Start

Postby exile360 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:47 am

I agree about AOL, and yes if it's something like a keyboard on a laptop, they used to ship us a replacement overnight at the retailer's and we'd install it and have it back to the customer in no time. They are really quick about repairs when they know what's wrong, but beware, if it seems you have bad ram, a bad video card, network card, motherboard or CPU, then that PC "must" be reformatted. Of course, when we did repairs at the tech shop and just ordered the parts from HP, a reformat was seldom necessary as all the replacement parts were exactly the same as the ones we were replacing (minus the defects of course). And if you do call HP and talk with someone here in the states where they don't read scripts, they actually do know what they're talking about and can be very helpful.

edit: man I talk too much, I'm always the first to post on the second page around here.

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:20 pm

:rotf: No one has been posting here period. LOL I have to readjust and start paying attention here. One more final and I'm going to do some overhauling here.
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
ImageImageImage Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

rockingmtranch
I Have Powah
I Have Powah

Postby rockingmtranch » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:19 am

Hey! I have one more final also. Tomorrow morning at the college. And, I guess I have a brand new computer also. I put **cough** I mean, I installed **choke** Vista. It's on my gaming pc. Damnit, the games I like are "Games for Window Live" now. If only OpenGL was as much fun. Bad Mac....bad! :scrm:
Linux. Don't fight it. You will be assimilated.
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd Armored Cavalry--Fort Polk, LA

Return to “Migraines & Melancholy”