Difference in results from several programs?

General system trouble. Software, hardware related. NOT for infection assistance.

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, MysteryFCM, Owner

grits
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Difference in results from several programs?

Postby grits » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:25 pm

Why is there a difference in what's installed on my puter depending on which program I use and which one should I go by? I've used Secunia PSI, Revo, Belarc, & of course Add/Remove in control panel. The main reason I ask is that this puter was set up by a college kid who installed XP Pro (I had XP Home on my other one) and when I finally got him to admit that Pro wasn't actually legal for me to use, had him take it out & put me back to Home. That was over a year ago. In the mean time mainly through the use of the above mentioned programs, I've found things that evidently he left behind and I don't want to invite trouble. There's all sorts of Office programs in here & if I understand correctly, that's a "pay for" program & I didn't. The reason for my using the above mentioned programs is that it seems this machine has really slowed down, it takes 3ish minutes from the time I press the button until the screen comes ready to use. I'm quite sure I'm NOT infected, I have SpywareBlaster, MBAM, ZoneAlarm, & AVG.

oops, didn't mean to write a book ;) ,

Thanx,
grits

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Re: Difference in results from several programs?

Postby JeanInMontana » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:39 pm

Office is installed by default in any Windows OS. No way is it illegal for you to use XP Pro unless it was a bootleg copy. I don't know what you mean by all those programs finding different things. And you can be infected no matter what your using for AV and Antimalware and firewall.
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
ImageImageImage Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

Return to “Migraines & Melancholy”