I need to post a screen shot

General system trouble. Software, hardware related. NOT for infection assistance.

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, MysteryFCM, Owner

grits
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Postby grits » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:30 pm

I have an occasional problem with my screen so did a screen shot of it this morning. Just a few mins. ago I had a post typed out & tried to copy/paste the shot here, didn't work so XL'd it, then noticed at bottom of this forum that attachments aren't allowed. Where can I post a screen shot? I did do a MBAM scan of my 'puter earlier so don't think my problem is malware related.

I do still use IE8. Have kinda thought about FireFox but tried it a cpl. or so yrs. ago & switched back to IE.

Windows XP Home SP3

Thanx,
grits

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Re: I need to post a screen shot

Postby JeanInMontana » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:59 pm

You should be able to upload the screenshot. Below this text box is a button to upload. You just make sure you know where the shot is on your PC and navigate to it using Windows Explorer and click on the file then click open and it should upload. I will check your permissions to make sure don't have something going on there.
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
ImageImageImage Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

grits
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Postby grits » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:10 am

Been trying several times both here & in Mix & Mingle but can't get it done. Last try at Mingles, I got notice that my image was too big so now I'm really lost. Will just forget the whole thing, at least for now.

Thanx anyway for trying to help.

grits

grits
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Postby grits » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:55 pm

I lied ;) , just can't let this go. Have been working on re-sizing my shot (using Paint which is something else that's over my pea brain head) & think I got it small enough but now have another dumb question ....... how can I get the shot posted without it showing my real name?, which shows up when I do that "Browse to" part which comes up as .......

C:\Documents & Settings\my name\Desktop

Sorry, I didn't realize just how much I DON'T know about soooo much 'puter stuff. :oops:

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:36 pm

The file name doesn't show once it's posted.

grits
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Postby grits » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:58 pm

Gonna try again to get screen shot posted. Had this "black" top a cpl. times but a re-start corrected it, then when it happened this last time, a re-start didn't work, had to turn off to correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

grits
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Postby grits » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:06 pm

:yay: got it done but had to post in Mix & Mingle. Migraines wouldn't allow attachments. Go ahead & move it to where ever is most appropriate.

Thanx,
grits

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:21 pm

Well that's weird. I thought all forums were set the same. See this has been good for both of us. I will move it over and then see why you can't post an attachment here.

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:31 pm

OK this is Jean posting using grits perms and I fixed it! :chr:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:50 pm

:shock: Good grief, I have a hell of a time merging posts here. But I got er done. That is the browser turning black right? Very odd, have you updated it to latest IE? Does anything else do this?

grits
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Postby grits » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:59 pm

Thanx girl :urok: . Yup, it's browser, IE8. I guess IE9 is out, but I'm still debating about going to FF. Never noticed any problems/changes anywhere but IE.

Just turned machine on a bit ago, went to kitchen 'til I heard Avast update, came to 'puter & there was a balloon in task bar said something about "LAN now connected" (I hadn't realized that it wasn't), but went to Event Viewer & found nothing there as far as warning, so went on to weather.com & there it was, Black again but re-start corrected it.

I don't recall (CRS) if that LAN balloon showed up the other times.

Gotta scoot for now,
grits
Windows XP Home SP3 ( I think 1GB Ram, but don't know other stats or where/how to find)
IE8
Windows Firewall
Avast
MBAM
SpywareBlaster

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:38 pm

LAN stands for Local Area Network, if you have a printer/scanner/copier or fax connected or another PC these are all part of your LAN.

Seems your IE problem is common http://techdiscuss.net/how-to/ie8-toolb ... -black.htm that might be a fix. This one seems to be your issue exactly http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/816 can't hurt to try.

You can give Firefox and try, IE won't go away and you can always go back. FF has a help section for IE users, I never use IE unless I am forced. I use one website that will not function unless it is IE. I have to use the site for Independent Contracting I do for that company; or I would just never go there.

So let me know if this fixes you.

Return to “Migraines & Melancholy”