Java & FlashPlayer updates

General system trouble. Software, hardware related. NOT for infection assistance.

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, MysteryFCM, Owner

grits
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Java & FlashPlayer updates

Postby grits » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:46 am

Actually it's not my 'puter that has General System Trouble, it's my own head, I'd swear that my memory is shorter than a male gnat's genitals ;) . I go thru this everytime there's an update for those 2 & right now they're both listed in my FileHippo Update Checker. Seems like I kinda remember that one or the other doesn't remove all the old stuff when it updates so someone,somewhere came up with a program to do that? Anyone got a minute to help me out?
Thanx,
grits

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Re: Java & FlashPlayer updates

Postby JeanInMontana » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:49 pm

Hi grits :rotf: gnats eh? So what is it you need help with, exactly? Java you should uninstall the old version and delete all folders associated. Flash does it's own thing, or always has for me.

I have been gone since the 15th and on my lappy, I got a flash update and a Windows that was odd no Java though.
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
ImageImageImage Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

grits
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Postby grits » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:37 am

Hi Jean, yup gnats, & aren't you proud of me for cleaning up my language instead of using the term that actually came to mind. Anyway.... I'm always afraid that I'll delete the wrong thing so I at one time, prolly thru this or some other help forum, read about & used something that did it for me. ( I'm lazy too) I've most likely got something here in my 'puter about it, just was in too much of a hurry to search for it. Haven't really been on machine too much last few months, too much other stuff to do during summer. Besides all the yard work, I did get 2 fun things done: was part of 3 couples on a 3 day (4th of July weekend) trike trip thru Wyo. Big Horn Mtns, Devils Tower,then home. Fantastic ride!! Then a cpl.weekends ago 6 of my gal friends & I had our "girls only" annual camp out.
Best quit my rambling & see if I can find that Java thing.
Later,
grits

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:45 pm

:urok: I have no problem with you speaking your mind! Call a spade a spade and a shovel a shovel. Glad you are having some fun this summer. I think we have to give it all we can because winter is so damned depressing!
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
ImageImageImage Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

Return to “Migraines & Melancholy”