Office

General system trouble. Software, hardware related. NOT for infection assistance.

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, MysteryFCM, Owner

grits
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Office

Postby grits » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:30 pm

Actually, I know nothing about it, couldn't tell you if my life depended on it but awhile back had received an email from a friend that had a 'doc' attached so in my scurry to be able to read it, I ended up with Click2Run that was already in my machine (I guess). Well, it fills up my Event Viewer as 'warnings', something about 'Virtual' something. So what I'm wondering is this: is there some sort of Free Office that I could use instead? Like I said, the only reason for me to have it is for viewing docs or maybe even something else sent to me.

Thanks.
Windows 7
IE 9
Avast
MBAM
??????

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Re: Office

Postby JeanInMontana » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Click to run refers to a configuration error and from searching Google seems to cause lots of issues for people.... try Here for getting rid of it.

Please give the specific error you see in the Event viewer. Office is a part of windows usually you have to pay for it. It is a resource hog and OpenOffice is free and much lighter app that does all Office can. You can get it Here but I think you should be sure you don't have more issues before installing anything new. Like do all your updates for Windows, and Flash player, Java, etc use the Secunia online check check be sure to check the box next to run a thorough system check.
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
ImageImageImage Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

grits
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Postby grits » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:43 pm

There's actually 4 warnings each time it shows up, will attach 1.

I have Secunia PCI, will run it before I check out your links.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:35 am

OK that doesn't show me any details, I need to see what's in the details tab or the online report. I think you can give me that link and I can look, not sure though it's a new feature and I've not tried it.

Be sure you update the PCI

grits
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Postby grits » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:59 pm

Can't expand the Details view to capture all of it for you & just like umpteen other times I've clicked on the 'Online Report' : Sorry, that's not available or whatever excuse I get waaay too many of from MS.

Not gonna update Secunia, read too many posts in their forum that it stinks, will stay with version 2. Actually think I'll get rid of it, my scan of an hr.ago shows that I'm missing 4 MS patches of 5/8/12 but I just checked my installs & they're all there! I will admit that I've skipped a couple updates now & then but evidently not those.

Spent quite awhile this morn. doing several screen shots that I wanted to get into the forum somewhere so best take a look to see which area.

Thanx, later,
grits

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:39 am

OK see the button in your screen shot that says copy ? Click the Details tag and then copy, it should copy to the clipboard, then paste it in a reply. If nothing gets copied, right click the details window and select All then copy the highlighted text and paste it in a reply.

If you don't update Secunia it's pointless to use at all. Do the online scan to check. :link:
Windows updates need to be done and since you're using an outdated Secunia that's probably why it's giving wrong info. Flash player and Java have both had critical updates recently so has IE. Never skip the Critical Windows updates or any actual Windows stuff there is one for Bing I don't do I don't use it so no need for it.

This forum is for PC issues that are not malware so post what ever here in a new thread or this same thread if you want. You are very welcome for anything I can help with. This is fun actually doing something again. :drnk:

grits
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Postby grits » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:13 pm

Actually I'm wondering why I should even continue with the Events Viewer copy/paste stuff? How 'bout I just try the un-install of Click2Run, then go for OpenOffice?

And Secunia Online requires Sun Java which I don't have & not sure I want, have read some bad stuff about it. Just did Flash Update yesterday.

Not sure why you suggest a new thread? I really don't think my Events warnings are malware.

And yes, it's kinda nice to see something new in this board other than NASCAR. Now we need to get Ron & some of the others that were regulars here a couple yrs. ago.

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:37 pm

I said new thread because I thought you had another issue. You must have Java installed right? That's all Secunia needs. Java is made by Oracle now. But PC's come with it installed. There have been some major problems with it but nothing worse than IE itself. If I can see what the event viewer info is it may tell us if that is your only problem. They probably are not malware but it's something that is affecting performance or there wouldn't be warnings at all.

grits
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Postby grits » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Yup, that's my CRS at work :roll: I forgot about my Folder Size post but think that can prolly be solved if I follow your advice about clearing DT items to folders to Docs.

Nope, no Java, used to have it, got rid of.

As you know, I don't know diddly squat about 'puters but am wondering if the EV warnings are due to (I think?) Click2Run being on what I think is called 'a virtual disk'?? Will go ahead & see what I can come up with for more EV info tho'.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Still no info about those events. Click to run is part of the MS system I'm not sure removing it is a good idea at all.

grits
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Postby grits » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:08 pm

Not sure I can get it done but will try to get all 4 pasted here.
- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Virtualization Client

- EventID 3191

[ Qualifiers] 16384

Level 3

Task 3

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2013-02-24T14:34:00.000000000Z

EventRecordID 13872

Channel Application
- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Virtualization Client

- EventID 3057

[ Qualifiers] 16384

Level 3

Task 6

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2013-02-24T14:34:04.000000000Z

EventRecordID 13873

Channel Application

Computer suzeq-PC

Security

- EventData

{tid=B1C}

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Application Virtualization Client\
SUZEQ-PC
Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1.0 Build 7601

- System

- Provider

[ Name] CVHSVC

- EventID 100

[ Qualifiers] 16384

Level 3

Task 1

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2013-02-24T14:44:14.000000000Z

EventRecordID 13890

Channel Application

Computer suzeq-PC

Security

- EventData

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Virtualization Handler\CVHSVC.EXE is trusted.
- System

- Provider

[ Name] CVHSVC

- EventID 100

[ Qualifiers] 16384

Level 3

Task 1

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2013-02-24T14:44:14.000000000Z

EventRecordID 13891

Channel Application

Computer suzeq-PC

Security

- EventData

CurrentSoftGridPrereq: Click2Run installation (version = 14.0.4763.1000) is found on the machine; skipping installation...

Computer suzeq-PC

Security

- EventData

{tid=B1C}
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Application Virtualization Client\sftlog.txt

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:58 am

What do you mean all 4?

grits
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Postby grits » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:58 am

The 4 warnings referenced in my screen shot of 2/26. Sorry, looks like they all run together, maybe I should made made 4 seperate posts.

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:12 am

:huh: OK let's try this, because I'm not smart enough to know where one ends and another takes off. Copy each one and paste into notepad, and space down make a division of some sort so I know where one stops and another begins. Then attach that file to a reply. If you have problems with that make four posts. :drnk: Sorry I didn't think of this before.

Return to “Migraines & Melancholy”