ftsata2?

General system trouble. Software, hardware related. NOT for infection assistance.

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, MysteryFCM, Owner

lurkingatu2
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

ftsata2?

Postby lurkingatu2 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:53 pm

hello i was trying to help my dad this weekend he called me and said that he was lisening to a muisc cd and his pc went to crap and he lost his desktop and taskbar he said the screen was blank so he had to turn it off and on restart it would not start so i told him how to use a paperclip to open the door of the drive and he got out the cd and the pc starts ok so he has me come over and look at it for him i was looking in the event viewer and found that something called ftsata2 is having errors (event id:7026 service control manager error the following boot-start or system-start driver(S) failed to load ftsata2) i tryed looking it up and can't find much info on it can anyone tell me what it is the pc is a hp compaq amd athlon 64 3500+ winxp pro media center edition and as far as i can tell the error happend as the pc was off that morning (in event viewer it started at around 9 am and he says the modem and pc was off) the cd thing happend later when he was using the pc :) thanks
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2gb Memory Winxp MCE sp3
Avast IS
Malwarebites
Superantispyware Pro
Sandboxie

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:21 pm

Everything I find about FTsata2 is connected to drivers for Promise Technology products. http://www.file.net/process/ftsata2.sys.html Or it can be malware disguising itself as that. Did he just do any driver updates? Or add new hardware or software? Here is the Google search results link too http://www.google.com/search?q=ftsata2& ... rict&cad=7

Losing the desktop etc could be malware related, if he was doing P2P stuff or installed some new software, codecs .....
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
ImageImageImage Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

lurkingatu2
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Postby lurkingatu2 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:40 pm

thank you :) i seen most of that also i looked in c:\windows\system32\drivers and could not find ftsata2 there or nothing of promise there he did get updates from windows autoupdates if it's something in the bios would not something from promise be on his pc in system32\drivers or would it be someplace else i doin't know much about bios stuff :) he doin't do p2p but he has played music cd's that his friend burned but this one was a real music cd :) i called him today and he want's me to comeover and look some more all he has is aol's security center with macfee stuff :( he had spysweeper but it expired a few months ago :) and thank you again
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2gb Memory Winxp MCE sp3
Avast IS
Malwarebites
Superantispyware Pro
Sandboxie

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:30 pm

Your welcome. Try doing a System Restore to before the Windows Updates and see if that makes a difference. They are notorious for borking systems. Get him to get a real ISP... :rotf:
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
ImageImageImage Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

Return to “Migraines & Melancholy”